Bartonville is located eight miles south of Denton in south central Denton County and was originally part of the Chinn’s Chapel settlement, established in 1853 by Elisha Chinn. Chinn’s Chapel eventually became three small communities: Shiloh, Waketon, and Bartonville. Bartonville was settled in 1878 and named for T. Bent Barton.The present town of Bartonville, which encompasses 6.8 square miles, was incorporated in 1973. The town has continued to grow as part of the general development of the area north of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. Bartonville is adjacent to the master-planned Lantana residential development, which is currently not incorporated.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.